Sprue's News - December 2009
From Gluten-Free Trading Company
Happy Holidays from All of Us at Gluten-Free Trading Company
The owners and staff of Gluten-Free Trading Company would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your family a very happy holiday season. We appreciate the enthusiastic support we've received from our customers this year and look forward to serving you in 2010.
All the Ingredients for an Old-Fashioned Holiday
While we all enjoy giving and receiving gifts, it's our relationships with friends and family that truly make the holiday season special. What a great time to rediscover some old-fashioned holiday traditions, like decorating a batch of Christmas cookies with the kids, sharing a loaf of homemade gluten-free holiday bread with a friend, or chatting with guests over a slice of holiday cake baked in your own oven. Ready to get started? Read on for info about seasonal baking mixes, edible decorations, and other ingredients for an old-fashioned holiday.
Sugar Cookie Mixes
- 123 Gluten-Free Sugar Cookie Mix. An easy-to-make mix for cut-out cookies. Add frosting or sprinkles for a festive touch. Free of soy, dairy, and corn.
- Cause You're Special Roll Out Sugar Cookie Mix. A customer favorite, this easy mix is perfect for making Christmas cookies! Just roll out and top with your favorite sprinkles or frosting.
- Cherrybrook Kitchen Sugar Cookie Mix. Just the right blend of sugars is the secret to these satisfying sugar cookies. Top them off with frosting for double the flavor and fun. Great for people with egg allergies as it requires no eggs. Also free of dairy and nuts.
- Gluten Free Essentials Vanilla Sugar Cookie Mix. Delicious sugar cookies with the delightful taste of real vanilla beans. Great for decorating or enjoy fresh out of the oven, a 'family favorite' recipe.
- Tastefully Gluten-Free Sugar Cookie Mix. A versatile mix that can be used to make traditional sugar cookies, fruit pizza, thumbprint or cut-out cookies - and more. Great for making Christmas cookies--just roll out and add your favorite frosting and sprinkles. Just add butter or dairy-free substitute, oil, vanilla and egg.
Gluten-Free Essentials Holiday Gingerbread Mix. A classic gingerbread mix that is great for cookies and muffins too. Free of dairy, nuts, and soy.
Gluten-Free Pantry Spice Cake & Gingerbread Mix. This ginger cake is delightful when served with whipped cream and vanilla ice cream and makes a flavorful base for almost any topping. Made with simple ingredients like rice flour, brown sugar, and ginger, the mix contains no wheat, gluten, or corn. It can also be used to make cupcakes or carrot cake. Get it while it lasts: this mix is being discontinued by the manufacturer.
Garden Fields Stuffing CubesGarden Fields Stuffing Cubes available for your Christmas turkey or goose.
Try these delicious seasoned gluten-free stuffing cubes as part of your holiday feast, and you'll soon discover that they taste great anytime you serve poultry or pork. Although we stock this as a seasonal item, it has a long shelf life and we'll continue to offer them as long as our supply holds out.
We also have a small quantity of Garden Fields Unseasoned Bread Cubes in stock. These are made from the same recipe as the Stuffing Cubes, except without the herbs. They're great as soup croutons, excellent in bread pudding, or add your own seasonings to make stuffing.
New Breakfast Cereals from CerealVitCerealVit is a line of gluten-free cereals from Italy. Although the company is new to the US, they have been in business for almost 30 years. Their focus is on healthy, natural cereals with rich taste, high nutritional value, and attention to quality. All of the CerealVit products are made with limited use of sugars and no added fats, colorings, artificial flavors or chemicals. Three products are now available in the US:
- Benevit. Light multi-grain flakes made from organic rice and buckwheat.
- Coffee Flakes. Delicious corn flakes coated with real Italian coffee and enriched with flax. Each serving provides 140mg of Omega 3 fatty acids.
- Organic Corn Flakes. Not your average corn flake: they are extra-thick to maintain their crunch, with the toasty flavor of rice malt and no added sugar.
Barkat Honey Cake Mark-Down
Barkat Honey Cakes are moist, tasty cakes that make a great afternoon snack. In addition to being gluten-free they are milk/casein free and vegetarian.
Online Shopping Website Tip
We recently added a Product Search function to our online shopping website. It's a quick and easy way to find what you're looking for among the over 1000 products on our website. You'll find the Search for Products link at the bottom of the Online Shopping home page. Just click that link and then enter the description of the item you want. For example, suppose you're looking for lemon cake mix. Just go to the search page, enter lemon cake in the first box and click the search button at the bottom. In an instant, you'll find all 5 lemon cake products that are currently in our catalog!