Gluten-Free Trading Company is committed to customer satisfaction. If you receive a defective item we will issue a refund. Most non-defective merchandise can be returned for in-store credit, subject to certain terms and conditions below. Gluten-Free Trading Company will not issue refunds or credits for items purchased from other sellers.
Returns of Defective Merchandise
- At the customers option, a refund or in-store credit will be issued for items that are defective (this includes items recalled by the manufacturer).
- If the customer opts for a refund, the refund will be made using the same payment method as the original purchase (cash refunds will only be issued for items paid for in cash).
- The discretion of Gluten-Free Trading Company staff shall be final in determining whether merchandise is defective.
- Product packaging is designed to protect the contents. Refunds or credits will not be issued for items with minor cosmetic blemishes that happen during shipping, such as dented box corners, scuffed labels, or small dents in cans.
Returns of Non-Defective Groceries
- Dry goods must be returned within 15 days of the date of purchase (7 days for wholesale orders). They must be unopened, undamaged, in saleable condition. Items must be returned prior to the best before date. If a receipt is presented, the customer will receive an In-Store Credit for the purchase price. If no receipt is presented, the customer will receive an In-Store Credit equal to the lowest sale price that was in effect for the item during the previous 15 days. Dry Goods means products that do not require refrigeration, such as baking mixes, bottled and canned products, breakfast cereals, crackers, pasta, rice cakes, seasoning mixes, products packaged in aseptic containers (juice boxes) such as rice milk, and items packed in modified atmospheric packaging (such as Ener-G breads).
- Fresh bakery products, refrigerated items, frozen foods, and beer are not returnable. All sales are final for these items.
- Items packaged in cans, bottles, aseptic containers, or modified atmospheric packaging will NOT be accepted for return if they have been frozen after the time of sale.
- In determining whether merchandise is saleable and assessing the age of the product, the discretion of Gluten-Free Trading Company staff shall be final.
- For mail orders, an In-Store Credit code will be provided to the customer by telephone or e-mail.
Appliances and Non-Food Items
- Appliances and non-food items must be returned within 30 days of the date of purchase. They must be returned in their original packaging, with all parts and all original accessories. If a receipt is presented, the customer will receive an In-Store Credit for the purchase price. If no receipt is presented, the customer will receive an In-Store Credit equal to the lowest sale price that was in effect for the item during the previous 30 days.
Clearance Items & Special Values
In particular, Gluten-Free Trading Company will not issue refunds or credits if such items are past their best before date.
- Items marked Clearance, Discontinued or Special Values are sold as is and all sales are final.
Mail Order Shipping Issues
- Customers are strongly encouraged to use trackable delivery services such as FedEx or Spee-Dee. If the parcel is shown as delivered but appears to be missing, we recommend checking to see if it was delivered to an alternate location.
- If a customer receives an item that has been damaged in shipping, he or she should contact us within 24 hours to begin the process of filing a claim against the carrier.
- If a customer receives the wrong item, he/she should contact us within 72 hours so that we can arrange for an exchange.
- Gluten-Free Trading Company will refund return shipping charges if the return is a result of our own error, a defective product, or a manufacturer recall. Otherwise, the customer will be responsible for paying the return shipping charges.
- Gluten-Free Trading Company will not issue refunds or credits for items lost, stolen, spoiled or damaged after delivery.
Go To Our Home Page
Shop Our Online Gluten Free Food Store
Your celiac owned source for gluten free food products.
Copyright 2008-09 Gluten-Free Trading Company, LLC
Updated March 1, 2009